Scientific production in the last year
|Number of papers||Number of papers in each quartile||Number of papers with international collaborations|
- Sulfate radical anion: Laser flash photolysis study and application in water disinfection and decontamination. Berruti, I., Polo-López, M.I., Oller, I., Flores, J., Marin, M.L., Bosca, F. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, (2022) 315, 121519, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2022.121519.
- Recent advances in solar photochemical processes for water and wastewater disinfection. Berruti, I., Nahim-Granados, S., Abeledo-Lameiro, M.J., Oller, I., Polo-López, M.I. (2022) Chemical Engineering Journal Advances, 10, 100248, . https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceja.2022.100248.
- Evaluation of commercial zerovalent iron sources in combination with solar energy to remove microcontaminants from natural water at circumneutral pH. Roccamante, M., Miralles-Cuevas, S., Cabrera-Reina, A., Oller, I., Malato, S. (2022) Chemosphere, 286, 131557, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2021.131557.
- Natural solar activation of modified zinc oxides with rare earth elements (Ce, Yb) and Fe for the simultaneous disinfection and decontamination of urban wastewater. Berruti, I., Gonçalves, N.P.F., Calza, P., Paganini, M.C., Oller, I., Polo-López, M.I. (2022) Chemosphere, 303, 135017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2022.135017
- Simultaneous disinfection and microcontaminants elimination of urban wastewater secondary effluent by solar advanced oxidation sequential treatment at pilot scale. Maniakova, G., Polo-López, M.I., Oller, I., Abeledo-Lameiro, M.J., Malato, S., Rizzo, L. (2022) Journal of Hazardous Materials, 436, 129134, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2022.129134
- Advanced microbiological tools for tracking complex wastewater treatment efficiency through the combination of physicochemical and biological technologies. Ruíz-Delgado, A., Ponce-Robles, L., Salmerón, I., Oller, I., Polo-López, M.I., Malato, S. (2022) Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 10, 108651, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2022.108651
- EEM-PARAFAC as a convenient methodology to study fluorescent emerging pollutants degradation: (fluoro)quinolones oxidation in different water matrices. Sciscenko, I., Mora, M., Micó, P., Escudero-Oñate, C., Oller, I., Arqués, A. (2022) Science of the Total Environment, 852, 158338, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.158338
- Removal of microcontaminants by zero-valent iron solar processes at natural pH: Water matrix and oxidant agent’s effect. Roccamante, M., Ruiz-Delgado, A., Cabrera-Reina, A., Oller, I., Malato, S., Miralles-Cuevas, S. (2022) Science of the Total Environment, 819, 153152., http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.153152.
- Large-scale raceway pond reactor for CEC removal from municipal WWTP effluents by solar photo-Fenton. Gualda-Alonso, E., Soriano-Molina, P., Casas López, J.L., García Sánchez, J.L., Plaza-Bolaños, P., Agüera, A., Sánchez Pérez, J.A. (2022) Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 319, art. no. 121908. DOI: 10.1016/j.apcatb.2022.121908
- Nutritional inter-dependencies and a carbazole-dioxygenase are key elements of a bacterial consortium relying on a Sphingomonas for the degradation of the fungicide thiabendazole. Vasileiadis, S., Perruchon, C., Scheer, B., Adrian, L., Steinbach, N., Trevisan, M., Plaza-Bolaños, P., Agüera, A., Chatzinotas, A., Karpouzas, D.G. (2022) Environmental Microbiology, 24 (11), pp. 5105-5122. DOI: 10.1111/1462-2920.16116
- A critical review of trends in advanced oxidation processes for the removal of benzophenone-3, fipronil, and propylparaben from aqueous matrices: Pathways and toxicity changes. Ricardo, I.A., Paniagua, C.E.S., Alberto, E.A., Starling, M.C.V.M., Agüera, A., Trovó, A.G. (2022) Journal of Water Process Engineering, 49, art. no. 102973. DOI: 10.1016/j.jwpe.2022.102973
- Degradation of Thiabendazole and Its Transformation Products by Two Photo-Assisted Iron-Based Processes in a Raceway Pond Reactor. Portilla-Sangabriel, M., Martínez-Piernas, A.B., Agüera, A., Arzate, S., Sánchez Pérez, J.A., Ramírez-Zamora, R.-M. (2022) Topics in Catalysis, 65 (9-12), pp. 1113-1127. DOI: 10.1007/s11244-022-01638-x
- Polystyrene nanoplastics and wastewater displayed antagonistic toxic effects due to the sorption of wastewater micropollutants. Verdú, I., Amariei, G., Plaza-Bolaños, P., Agüera, A., Leganés, F., Rosal, R., Fernández-Piñas, F. (2022) Science of the Total Environment, 819, art. no. 153063. DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.153063
- Sixto Malato, S. Miralles-Cuevas and A. Cabrera-Reina. Solar photocatalysis for water decontamination and disinfection (2017–2020). In: Photochemistry, Stefano Crespi and Stefano Protti (eds.), The Royal Society of Chemistry, Vol. 49, 236–269, 2022
PhD Theses (last 3 years)
- Evaluation of electrochemical treatments assisted by solar energy for water depuration.
Directores: Isabel Oller Alberola
Date: September 2020, Universidad de Almería, España
- Tertiary treatment of urban wastewater by advanced oxidation processes.
Directors: Luigi Rizzo, Sixto Malato
Date: April 2021, Universidad de Salerno, Italia
Attendance at Transfer and Dissemination Workshops
- Isabel Oller: XXIII Summer Course of the University of Almería: New sources of water: desalination and regeneration towards the sustainability of the integral water cycle with the presentation “Advanced Oxidation Processes for Water Regeneration: elimination of contaminants of emerging concern and inactivation of pathogens”. July 14, 2022 in Almería.
- Isabel Oller: “Fight against water scarcity: Integration of (solar) technologies for the treatment and recovery of wastewater at the Plataforma Solar de Almería (Spain)” at the Workshop on Solar Energy for the Water Industry organized in a virtual by the University of Melbourne (Australia) on November 28, 2022.
- Isabel Oller: “Solar Technologies for obtaining water in countries with limited resources and isolated areas” at the “Conference on the Value of Water” organized by the Academy of Mathematical, Physicochemical and Natural Sciences of Granada, the University of Granada and Junta de Andalucía. November 11, 2022 in Granada (Spain).
- Sixto Malato gave the conference “Advanced oxidation processes based on solar energy: the long experience in PSA” and Isabel Oller moderated and participated in the “Teamwork session on a specific case: Almería and Murcia (Spain): two areas next to each other: to reuse or not to reuse water? This is the question”, at the International School of Water Reuse. September 19-21, 2022 in Turin (Italy).
- Participation of Sixto Malato as a Panelist in the Round Table entitled “Reuse of Wastewater Towards a Circular Economy” at the 5th Ibero-American Conference on Advanced Oxidation Technologies (CIPOA 2022). November 11, 2022 in Cusco, Peru.
- Sixto Malato has participated in the “National School of Environmental Processes (ENPA 2022)” with a presentation entitled “Regeneration of polluted water through advanced treatments to close the integral water cycle: an approach using solar radiation” at the n Univ. Guanajuato (Mexico) in online format on April 1, 2022.
- Sixto Malato has participated in the Life AMIA Conference with the presentation “Research in advanced treatments for water regeneration: current state” at CEBAS-CSIC, Murcia, on March 17, 2022.